E-Books →A Dictionary of Psychology (Oxford Quick Reference), 4th Edition
English | 2015 | ISBN: 0199657688 | 896 pages | EPUB | 6.95 MB
Including more than 11,000 definitions, this authoritative and up-to-date dictionary covers all branches of psychology.
Clear, concise descriptions for each entry offer extensive coverage of key areas including cognition, sensation and perception, emotion and motivation, learning and skills, language, mental disorder, and research methods. The range of entries extends to related disciplines including psychoanalysis, psychiatry, the neurosciences, and statistics.
Entries are extensively cross-referenced for ease of use, and cover word origins and derivations as well as definitions. More than 100 illustrations complement the text.
This fourth edition has incorporated a large number of significant revisions and additions, many in response to the 2013 publication of the American Psychiatric Association's latest edition of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, brig the Dictionary fully up to date with the most recent literature of the subject.
In addition to the alphabetical entries, the dictionary also includes appendices covering over 800 commonly used abbreviations and symbols, as well as a list of phobias and phobic stimuli, with definitions.
Comprehensive and clearly written, this dictionary is an invaluable work of reference for students, lecturers, and the general reader with an interest in psychology.
- Dictionary.com: Find Definitions for English Words v7.5.40 build 305
- Learning about Panic Disorder: The psychology that underlies
- Type Rules!: The Designer's Guide to Professional Typography, 3rd Edition
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Study Guide: Associate SAA-C01 Exam, 2nd edition (EPUB True)
- Encyclopedia of Public Relations, Second Edition by Robert L. Heath