E-Books →Exploration Geophysics
English | 4 Nov. 2008 | ISBN-10: 3540851593 | 288 pages | PDF | 31.73 MB
Many text books have been written on the subject "Exploration Geophysics".
The majority of these texts focus on the theory and the mathematical treatment of the subject matter but lack treatment of practical aspects of geophysical exploration. This text is written in simple English to explain the physical meaning of jargon, or terms used in the industry. It describes how seismic data is acquired in 2-D and 3-D, how they are processed to convert the raw data to seismic vertical and horizontal cross sections, that are geologically meaningful, and how these and other data are interpreted to delineate a prospect. Workshops are included after each chapter and are designed to reinforce learning of the concepts presented.
Written in simple easy to understand language
Heavily illustrated to aid in understanding the text
End of chapter "Key words and workshop"
The text includes several appendices and answers for the selected workshop problems
- Basic Geophysics (Geophysical Monographs)
- Electronic Lecture Notes Data Structures And Algorithms
- Chemistry: Concepts and Problems, A Self-Teaching Guide (Wiley Self-Teaching Guides), 3rd Edition
- Exposure Photo Workshop: Develop Your Digital Photography Talent
- Basic Physics: A Self-Teaching Guide (Wiley Self Teaching Guides), 3rd Edition