Video Tutorials →Why Use Linux for Ruby Development?
Why Use Linux for Ruby Development
MP4 | Video: h264, 1280x720 | Audio: AAC, 44.1 KHz
Language: English | Size: 88.8 MB | Duration: 11 minutes
The Ruby ecosystem grew up on Unix and Linux operating systems like Mac OS X or Ubuntu.
For this reason, Ruby native packages and build tools are often Linux-first and may perform poorly or break when run under Windows.
In this Coffee Break Course, Envato Tuts+ instructor José Mota will explain some of the advantages of using the Linux operating system over Windows for Ruby development. You'll learn how the Ruby tooling and ecosystem is optimized for the Linux environment, and you'll get some pointers for transitioning into a Linux environment.
- Linux/Unix For DevOps and Developers
- eLearnSecurity - Penetration Testing Professional (PTP) Version 5 Part 2
- LinkedIn Learning - Installing and Running Ruby on Rails 6
- Installing and Running Ruby on Rails 6
- Packt - Build a Cryptocurrency News Site with Ruby on Rails-XQZT